Bee Pollen Smoothie Recipes – Easy, Healthy and Delicious
Do you start out groggy in the morning, hit a slump before lunch or go brain dead in the afternoon?
There is a pretty good chance that your breakfast, lunch and snacking habits aren’t providing you with enough of the essential nutrients your body needs.
For people on the go, a smoothie is a great way to get that extra boost of energy necessary to keep you going. If you want to really get buzzing, a bee pollen smoothie is like going turbo.
We’ll take a look at smoothies in general as well as several smoothie recipes that include bee pollen.
Are Smoothies Good for Your Health and Weight loss?
Whether or not a smoothie is good for your health and effective for weight loss depends a lot upon what ingredients you put in it.
Smoothies are certainly better than processed energy drinks and diet shakes, but for weight loss and overall health, there are a few pointers to keep in mind. “When you learn about the ingredients that create a balanced smoothie, you will be able to include a good balance of protein, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, as well as vitamins and nutrients,” says Ryan Carmody in an article for Healthy Smoothie Headquarters. (1)
Your smoothie certainly has to be low cal, but when thinking low cal, you can’t eliminate all of the essential nutrients which provide energy and proper body function. If you do that, then you not only run out of gas, but you start craving foods that you shouldn’t and then you end up blowing your diet.
But how do you make a smoothie?
How Do You Make a Smoothie?
Making a smoothie really isn’t all that difficult. It’s a process that involves a little bit of preparation and planning ahead, but as long as you’re prepared making a smoothie takes all of about five minutes or less. Here is a brief step by step process:
- Choose your fruit and/or vegetables. It is best if you freeze your fruit so that you can completely eliminate or reduce the need for adding ice. Do add vegetables, especially green leafy ones.
- Add liquid and/or dairy. Coconut milk, almond milk, green tea and others are all healthy substitutes for milk and provide unique flavors. You can also add Greek yogurt or kefir.
- Add your seeds, nuts and seasonings. Nuts and seeds tend to add extra protein to your smoothie and cost you few calories. Seasonings go with tastes, but experiment with various spices that can help give you a healthy boost.
- Add a little sweetness. Most fruits have some natural sweetness, but if you need a little extra, add some raw honey, unprocessed maple syrup or Stevia.
- Add ice and blend. If you froze your fruit, you won’t need as much or maybe any ice.
What Are the Health Benefits of Bee Pollen?
There are a ton of health benefits that can be had from bee pollen. It has more amino acids and protein than equal weights of any other food, but its benefits continue well beyond that.(2) “In fact, there are more than 250 useful substances found in bee pollen which have therapeutic and wellness benefits,” according to Recover Your Health Today.(3) Let’s take a look at some of those benefits:
- Helps to inhibit the growth of certain harmful bacteria in your gut in order to improve digestive health.
- Helps regulate blood sugar and cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Decreased cancer risk and reduces tumor development.
- Promotes fertility.
- Can be used in the treatment of allergies.
- Provides an energy boost.
- Helps stabilize chemical and blood sugar imbalances which often frustrate weight loss efforts.
The list continues to grow as more and more research reveals the super benefits of this super-food. With so many potential benefits to your health, why wouldn’t you want to add it to your smoothie?
Smoothie Recipes With Bee Pollen
Smoothies, in general, can help give you the much needed energy and nutrient boost to keep you going throughout the day, but to really get buzzing, the addition of bee pollen can have enormous benefits for your particular health conditions, help you lose weight and assist in your overall wellness.
Here is what you need to do:
Find the best combination of ingredients that you enjoy and that are also helpful in achieving your goal and add them to your smoothie.
Add 1 tsp to 2 Tbsp of bee pollen into your favorite smoothies.
Commit to making bee pollen smoothies an integral part of your diet and fitness regimen.